At the Community Foundation, we help donors be generous, however that looks for them. As you begin your own generosity journey, it is important to reflect on what makes your generosity unique.
Here are twelve questions to help you understand your generosity personality:
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? Why?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given? Why?
- Do you prefer to give locally, nationally, or internationally?
- What makes you sad?
- What makes you happy?
- Who are your generosity role models? Why?
- How would you compete the following sentence, “Our community would be a better place if . . .”?
- What makes you proud of our community?
- What are our community’s biggest needs right now? How can philanthropy help?
- Do you prefer to alleviate immediate problems, or do you prefer to explore systemic solutions?
- What organizations are enhancing the quality of life in our community?
- How would you like to be remembered?
As you answer these questions, you will begin to capture the character of your own philanthropy. At the Community Foundation, we believe that generosity is simply an investment in the community you want to create.
Generosity has the power to change individuals, change families, change communities, and even change the future. How will you use your power of generosity for good?