Online Grant Help Center
The Community Foundation uses Foundant, an online grants management software, to promote, receive, and review grant applications.
How It Works
If an organization is applying for a Community Foundation grant for the first time, the grant applicant creates an organizational account in Foundant, and then logs on to that account to access the list of available grants and start a new grant application. Your application can be saved as a draft, and when you log on again it’s easy to return to that draft, make edits, and submit the application. Each account maintains a record of the application history that you can access at any time.
Once a grant is awarded, the Foundant system allows grantees an easy way to see the status of their grant, check due dates, and submit electronic grant reports right from their account.
We recommend that you carefully read the instructions and reference materials found on this page before registering and starting your first application.
Creating an Online Account
All applications are required to be submitted electronically through Foundant. We suggest creating your account well in advance of the grant deadline to avoid any last-minute issues. At the time of registration, you are required to enter the following information:
- A username that is an email address
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number (required)
- Contact information for the organization’s Executive Officer
For Organizations: Managing Your Online Account
The first person to register enters the organization’s information, which creates the organization’s profile. It’s important to enter this information accurately at registration because after this point the organization profile can only be edited by Community Foundation staff. For an organization to easily view its full history of grants and requests, all applications are consolidated into one organization record.
If you are unsure whether your organization already has an account or if you need to be added to an existing account, please contact Giving@CommunityFoundationHSV.org to discuss your options. Additional users can be added by Community Foundation staff. Additionally, if someone leaves your organization, please contact our staff to have that person made inactive and have any grant reports reassigned to the appropriate person.
For Users: Managing Your Online Account
If you are the first user from your organization, click “Create New Account” on the Log In page. Returning users log on to the system using their e-mail address and password. Please do not create a second, new user account. There is a system prompt to assist if you need a password reminder. Once your account is set up, your account dashboard is displayed on the screen every time you log in. From the dashboard, you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
- View details and complete the report process for grant awards
A user account can only be connected to one organization at a time. If you are a grant writer for multiple organizations, please contact us to discuss your options.
- For the best user experience when accessing our Online Grants Manager, we suggest using one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. It is fine to use Internet Explorer, but you may encounter some minor technical issues.
- We encourage you to read the FAQs below before beginning the application process.
- You may choose to prepare your response in a document outside of the online system (e.g. Microsoft Word) and then copy and paste the text into the online form. If you prepare your application in this way, be sure to keep track of character limits.
- Please remember to regularly save your work. The system will autosave every 20 minutes. A user will be automatically logged out of the online system after 90 minutes of inactivity. The user will receive a warning message at 80 minutes of the pending time out.
Our grants must be paid to a registered 501(c)(3) public charity, school, religious institution, or government agency. Per IRS regulations, we cannot provide grants to individuals, for-profit businesses, or private foundations.
Ready? Click the login button to access Foundant and apply for a grant or create a new account.
Frequently Asked Questions
We can help you with answers to some of our most frequently asked questions regarding the online grant application portal.
Grant Applicant Tutorial
Additional support information is available through Foundant.
- Applicant Tutorial: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/4479853059991
- How to Copy a Request: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/4523861991575
- How to Collaborate on a Request: https://support.foundant.com/hc/en-us/articles/4523887747223